NOTE: UNIT DOES NOT INCLUDE SOFTWARE
The 4800 Plus MALDI TOF/TOF Analyzer is the next generation of tandem time-of-flight MS/MS systems, providing the highest level of protein coverage, throughput, and confidence in quantitative proteomic analysis.
- Ideal system for protein biomarker discovery, providing simultaneous identification and quantitation of up to 8 samples at a time (8-plex workflow) using iTRAQ Reagents.
- Fully supports LC MALDI workflows, allowing you to mass analyze without the time constraints of LC.
- Compatible with ProteinPilot v2.0 software for increased protein coverage and confidence in identification and quantitation results.
- OptiBeam on-axis laser provides ten times greater sensitivity to identify and quantitate low-abundance proteins in complex biological samples.
- High-resolution precursor ion selection, enabled by the QuanTIS precursor selector, lets you detect and identify peptides that other systems miss and makes it easier for you to interpret your data by simplifying MS/MS spectra.
- Simple experiment setup and fast mass analysis maximizes laboratory productivity.
- High-energy, information-rich fragmentation patterns unavailable on other instrument platforms enable you to analyze carbohydrates, lipids, and other biological components.
-Throughput: >400 samples per hour, depending on application
-Ion detection: Positive, negative
-Sample plate loading: Automated single-plate sample-loading system
• Manual control using control pad, mouse, or
• Automatic control using Interactive or Batch mode
-Ion acceleration: Two acceleration regions. The first region has three stages; the second has two-stages.
-Ion path length :
• MS Linear mode – 150 cm (59 in.)
• MS Reflector mode – 300 cm (118 in.)
• MS/MS mode – 240 cm (94 in.)
-Laser: Nd:YAG, 355 nm wavelength, 3 to 7 ns pulse width, 200 Hz firing rate
• Samples/second – 2 gigasample/second
• Analog bandwidth – 500 MHz
• Available bin sizes (ns) – 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 10, 20
• Input bandwidth – 25 or 500 MHz
• Recording rate – 200 Hz