The Edwards GV range of stainless steel bellows sealed gate valves are designed for applications requiring overall leak tightness and a minimum of hydrocarbon in the residual atmosphere. These superior quality valves offer high vacuum integrity coupled with maximum conductance.
The stainless steel valve bodies are vacuum brazed, a special process which includes a bakeout at 1,100°C. This eliminates any possibility of virtual leaks and ensures a product with low outgassing characteristics. A laser welded stainless steel bellows effectively seals the actuator from the valve. The concept provides ease of servicing and allows the gate and linkage mechanism to be removed while the valve remains in situ.
- Decontamination cleaning
- O’Rings replaced
- Lubrication of lead screw and turn handle mechanics
- Bearings, guide wheels cleaned and replaced as needed
- Washers/spacers replaced
- Valve reassembled to OEM specifications
- Bellows replaced as needed
- Helium Leak Check
- Compression plate rebuilt when necessary