The NanoLC-2D System is the first HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) system to incorporate fully automated 2-dimensional HPLC separations with a direct pumping nanoscale HPLC system. The system provides significant enhancements in detection sensitivity and reproducibility for LC/MS proteomics studies, with the added convenience of automatically running 2-dimensional peptide separations, such as the frequently cited MudPIT method.
flow rate range
- First dimension: 1-20 µL/min
- Second dimension: 20-1000 nL/min
Microfluidic direct pumping system with independent flow control feedback for each mobile phase Retention time RSD < 0.5% at 500 nL/min.
High-pressure gradient mixing; no flow splitting
- First dimension: 300 nL from mixer to column
- Low-flow dimension: 65 nL from mixer to column
< 25 sec at 500 nL/min
mobile phase compatibility
All mobile phases compatible with 316 stainless steel, PEEK, and silica
Standard, metered and rapid injection modes
200-50 µL; option for larger sample volumes available
- First dimension: optimized for use with 300-500 µm i.d. traps or columns (5 cm)
- Second dimension: 50-150 µm i.d. columns, 5-15 cm in length